So short of a child free, all expenses paid holiday somewhere hot I struggle to come up with anything I really want that's price appropriate and will give me pure pleasure upon opening it.
So if you need present request inspiration for yourself, which is tough when we rarely give ourselves a second thought, here are my top 5 ideas:
1) Hurrah For Gin- the new book by Katie Kirby- to make me giggle and reassure me that I am indeed a normal mum, with normal kids!
2) To go with the aforementioned book of course you'll require a Premium Gin. Pinkster is my current favourite, with Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic water and if they really want to push the boat out they could add some Mint sprigs for a DIY treat.
3) An annual magazine subscription. I used to think nothing of buying 4/5 Fashion magazines a month, that is until we moved into the family home; there were so many that they may have had their own removal van. Hubby was aghast- "Why did I need to keep them? I would never read them! They would never become a Collectors item and should be recycled NOW"
The compromise was I kept editions of Vogue, Elle and the now defunct Easy Living which inhabit the very top shelf of our bespoke bookcase collecting dust. Now I prefer Woman & Home, which confirms the passing of time, but I don't buy it on a regular basis, so would love it to appear on my doormat automatically.
4) The newest Nails Inc. nail polish. Let's face it a manicure requires planning, so although I'd gratefully receive a mani beauty voucher I probably wouldn't book it within the designated time so not only would it expire it would be a total waste of money. So the fashionable fallback would be to purchase the latest shade to hit the shelves, for another DIY treat.
5) A framed photo or better still a collated, memory provoking, ready to flick through photo album.... I say this because a close, long term friend compiled an album of our best moments together for my 30th birthday and it brought tears to my eyes, it was so thoughtful. Now 16 years on it would mean even more to me knowing just how much time it would take! I haven't even got the time to organise my mobile phone pics into folders.
So there you have it this years birthday wish list. Thankfully my hubby won't need to read it as he has already outdone himself by booking us a weekend away in Copenhagen! (He must have read last years post x)
Click on the links to shop and thanks for stopping by.