1) Crabbing in Littlehampton with a lunch stop at East Beach Cafe
2) James Campbell- Childrens stand up comedian at The Old Market venue in Hove, and purchase of his 'BoyFace' books, as well as lunch at Otellos for pizza. I would definitely recommend his show especially if you like Michael McIntyre's sense of humour. My 9 year old was in stitches whilst my youngest decided to practice tying her shoe laces......you can't please everyone all of the time!
3) A swim in the outdoor pool, the kids not me that is, at David Lloyd. There was hardly anyone else there; can't wait for our holiday.......
4) The launch of Doodle Maths Early primary maths for 4-7 year olds, which means my youngest can now be just like her big brother and achieve stars for her pet Robot!
5) The children and I had a playdate and sleepover at my friends, where we managed to get a Wardrobe Wand cleanse done too!
6) The youngest had a playdate, so we went to the beach, Lido arcade and lunch at the Crabshack.
7) Up to the Midlands for a birthday lunch at Simpsons in Edgbaston; glorious day and gorgeous venue to celebrate, sit outside and chill with all the family.
See my lunch outfit, below, which is the inspiration for today's outfit builder.
I wore a cream French Connection silk vest, old, Olivia Palermo +Chelsea28 print culottes, new but unfortunately out of stock online, Calvin Klein silver low block heel sandals, from TK Maxx, Zara ivory tailored jacket, Chloe cat's eye sunglasses, TK Maxx, all past seasons.
As it was a long car journey from the south coast I wanted to be both cool and comfortable so these silk culottes were perfect and the print added interest. There is a hint of black within the print so I contemplated wearing my Tory Burch heels, see my race day outfit post, but these lower heel Calvin Klein silver sandals were more low key and practical for a lunch date.
I think a printed culotte or wide leg trouser is the perfect starting point for a casual occasion outfit. Although mine were 100% silk there are a lot to choose from on the high street in a polyester or viscose blend for a silky feel.
I've also picked out a contrasting dark berry tone for nails so the look isn't too sweet. The Coccinelle neutral shoulder bag is a classic shade and style for all your Summer events whilst the silver shoe adds a key trend to the overall look.
Click on the links to shop and thanks for stopping by.